Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Team mates sorry for Fletcher's sending off

Manchester United may have got through to the finals with flying colours but they will miss the service of their key player Darren Fletcher in the Finals as he was unfairly awarded a red card.

Darren Fletcher's Manchester United team-mates have expressed their sympathy for the player after he was ruled out the UEFA Champions League final.

United trio Michael Carrick, Wayne Rooney and Patrice Evra all believe Fletcher was unlucky to be red carded for the offence. Rooney said
" It is a massive game to miss out on. I think over the last two seasons he has been brilliant for us and if anyone deserves to be there and play it is him."


"I thought it was harsh to be honest," "In that situation he seems to have got the ball. I was behind him and the ball changed direction." Carrick told Media


Evra too was sorry for Fletcher he commented "I am so sorry for Darren Fletcher," said Evra. "The real big bad news about all this is Darren not being able to play in Rome.

"I am very, very frustrated and disappointed for him and his family. I played with a lot of pain in my stomach worrying about missing the final."

0 comments:

Our Links

Back to TOP